CLASSES OFFERED IN PERSON ONLY ARE CANCELLED
What does this mean?
- Classes that are scheduled to physically meet in person only (in-person instruction) during the established timeframe, regardless of location, will be canceled.
- Cancellations will include all scheduled on-campus classes/labs as well as in-person classes /labs that are scheduled at off-site locations such as clinicals, practicums, Career and Technical Education Centers, (Welding and Auto), and Seacoast Harley Davidson (motorcycle).
- For canceled courses, a plan to make up the necessary coursework would be made by the instructor if appropriate and applicable.
- Remote Classes that are scheduled during the established timeframe will not be impacted by the campus closure and should expect to meet as scheduled.
- Hyflex Classes (on campus at a scheduled time, with option to attend online remotely) will be conducted remotely through Zoom as scheduled unless otherwise indicated by the individual instructor. Recording of the class session is recommended, if possible, in order to provide access to students that are unable to attend remotely.
Students: What do I need to do?
- Check your College emails and Canvas Course site for announcements or additional communications from your instructor.
- If you have any questions on how this impacts your scheduled classes, assignments, or exams please reach out directly to your instructor.
- If for any reason you are not able to attend your remote class due to weather-related issues (i.e. power outage, internet disruption, etc.) it is imperative that you notify your instructor prior to the scheduled course time if possible (or as outlined in your course syllabus). The faculty member will then communicate a plan to make up the necessary coursework if appropriate and applicable.
In the event of a delayed opening of the campus, classes that would be in session at the time of the announced opening will meet if the classes are scheduled to run for at least fifty minutes after the opening.
For example, when opening is delayed to 10am, classes that are regularly scheduled from 9:00-11:50 am will meet from 10:00-11:50 am; however, classes that are regularly scheduled from 8:00 – 9:50 am will not meet. Classes that are regularly scheduled from 10:00 -11:50 am will meet at their regular time.